Membership Benefits & Fees
Our membership fees are different from other organisations as we are a club run by the members, for the members, on a not-for-profit basis. We charge members an annual fee which gives you:
– BSAC & club membership.
– free use of the pool on Tuesday nights.
– free air fills from our compressor.
– free use of kit in the pool to keep up your skills on a Tuesday night.
– ‘Oyster Card’ style capped dive price for the season. You pay for the first 15 RIB dives each season as you go, then after that all dives are free!
– a monthly national magazine “Scuba” posted to your home address.
– third party dive insurance.
– access to a variety of dive experts and instructors.
Our training fee (were applicable) is applied to your annual membership fee this gives you:
– all training material or crossover packs and qualification books.
– all instruction both in the pool and in sheltered or open water required to get you qualified.
– For Ocean Diver: free dives from the club RIB for the qualification dives
– For Ocean Diver: free club kit rental for 6 dives after qualification
– free rental of equipment for all training dives.
– as long as it takes to you pass and progress to the next dive qualification.
2018 Dive Fees
Full Year Membership Fees
BSAC membership £56.50 – see note 1
No 1 full diving membership £150
No 1 social membership £26
For dive trips using the club rib only:
Expedition fee £20.75 – see note 3
Per dive fee £16.50 – see note 4
Training Fees and Try Dives
Try Dive (Pool) £20
Other one-off refreshers £36
Ocean Diver £229 – see note 2
Sports Diver £160
Dive Leader £40
£7 per item per day capped at £21 per day and £70 per dive trip
Cylinder, BCD & regulators count as one item each.
All others (mask/fins/snorkel/weights etc) count as one item together.
DISCOUNTS AND DEALS
1. BSAC offer several discounts including: paying by direct debit (first year only); members sharing an address (and a copy of the magazine); juniors and full time students; Club instructor and above; Advanced Diver and above.
2. Open water training dives are free. Kit rental is free for the first 6 dives.
3. Towers don’t pay the expedition fee (except if just from Dorchester to West Bay or Weymouth/Portland site).
4. Season Ticket – after 15 dives of the club RIB all subsequent dives are free.
DO doesn’t pay for RIB dives.
Instructors don’t pay for dives if they were instructing for the whole dive